Monday, May 4, 2009

the BEST chocolat chaud...

On a recommendation of Josee's, we visited Angelina's for some chocolat chaud a l'africain. Absolutely without a doubt THE best hot chocolate ever. At least it was according to everyone except Maeve, who didn't drink hers, claiming it was 'too bitter', even after several packets of sugar. Well, I guess when she grows older and realizes the enormity of her poor decision she'll just have to save up her money to return here herself. Joe ended up forcing himself to finish off Neal's as well as drinking Maeve's and I think he's still full! (even after a run in the Bois du Boulogne in the afternoon)

We met with Alexandre - our "Parisien un jour, Parisien toujours" volunteer - this morning who walked us around some of the 9th arr. where he lives. He's a young father with a company that manages websites for corporations and he is trying to do his part to dispel the myth that Parisiens are unfriendly. And it worked!

We've also been to the Eiffel Tower twice - only up to the top once, tonight - and Notre Dame - also to the top, Ile de la Cite and along the Seine on a boat cruise (which Maeve won't remember as she fell asleep)... and Arc de Triomphe, Champs Elyees on the first day. Tomorrow is Versailles, I think... so I need to get to bed.

a la prochaine...
Yvonne


5 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like your having a great time! and wish we could taste the chocolat chaud a l'africain. You have certainly covered a lot of territory so far (and Joe even running in the Bois de Boulogne). Assume you got a glimse of our old digs while you were near the Arc de Triomphe....DWG/MGG

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can taste that hot chocolate as we read. When you get home, tell us how you made contact with your Paris volunteer? Terry and Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're interested, the Paris Greeter program:

    http://www.parisiendunjour.fr/

    and there are other cities available, but I'm not sure how many and which ones.

    And don't worry about Maeve -- she isn't suffering for chocolate! There's lots of 'noisette' choices to accompany your fix here... not to mention the ever-present Nutella. ;-)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings from Thailand, where I am almost ready for the infamous Full Moon Party at Ko Phangnan. Good trippin' in Paris! A suggestion for excursion from Paris - go down to the Loire region and station yourselves at beautiful Blois, then you can visit numerous magnificant castles from there. Phil So

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I just finished watching the last 2 episodes of S&TC. I didn't think I'd be crying! Paris looks amazing - take it all in! Thought of you guys and had to send a note. Have une coissant au chocolat pour moi d'accord?
    Eleanor

    ReplyDelete