Saturday, May 2, 2009

we're here!

(and I can't quite believe it yet...)

No glitches, although sleeping on the plane didn't work out as well as I expected; Neal stayed awake the whole time only to pass out in the taxi on the way in to Paris.

The apartment is small, but very nice and in a great neighbourhood. The owner's neighbour came over and introduced us to the area.

OK, we're off to get some foodstuffs and figure out What To Do First. More to come, including some pretty cool photos Neal managed to take.

Yvonne

8 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Glad to hear you have arrived safe and sound. Now awaiting "tourist" reports. You will have to tell us about grocery shopping expedition. I remember our first such expedition. Different then going to Loblaws for sure......DWG/MGG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear from you!
    This blog is awesome, keep writing.
    Josee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Joe went solo to the Franprix because Neal and Maeve passed out on the bed! But yes, there are no Loblaws... but there are baguettes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watch those baguettes! We remember getting sore mouths from eating all those baguette sandwitches!
    DWG/MGG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy those baguettes with a bottle of wine!
    thinking of you....enjoy!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!! You're there! Can't wait to see some pictures....

    Col

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just checked you flickr!! Got tears in my eyes seeing Maeve looking sooo Parisien!

    Col

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see the photos...and tell Neal I totally relate - I can never sleep on planes either!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete